Pages

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Spring....time to refresh some more!

I have been wanting to catch up on my wildflower pics.  I was fortunate, yes, indeed fortunate, to be able to take off and wander to the hills and play....  the flowers and the color this year are incredible due the extra rain we have had.  I would love to try some shots with a dedicated macro lens, but...$1000 for a dedicated lens is a bit hard to swallow at this time.  So I will keep learning tips and tricks and use what I have, which is still way beyond my present skills.....
But I am having fun...that's the focus!

Still of the Morning on HWY 58




The morning was colder than expected with the thermometer showing 32!  So I figured by the time I got out to Carrizo Plain, it would warm up a tad.  So I stopped and shot whenever I saw something....so nice.....

Morning Dew for breakfast
 My attempt to capture close up using live view and tripod and cable release.



Lupine Wash
This was the only place I saw bush after bush of Lupines with some splashes of yellow and orange.
You Lookin at me?
 Before I turned onto Soda Lake Rd., there was a small herd off the side of the road.  When I opened the car door to get closer, they took off.  A pleasant surprise of the wildlife in the area.




Not a bad place to pasture, not bad at all.

Explosion!!!
 Another try at zoom blur with the flowers below.

Apparently I didn't know exactly where to go and I ended up turning back to Hwy 58 where I did see more flowers and to go check out Shell Creek Rd again.  Turns out I was probably only 5 miles from Soda Lake, which is where I was supposed to be, but no cell service to find out.  Oh, well, wonderful wandering....













Better than Rose Colored Glasses!

Shell Creek Rd.

















I love seeing the unexpected!

I know that was allot of pictures, but hard to pick out of so many.  With so many people out taking great pictures of the wildflowers, I am thrilled to be one of the many out there (taking pictures, that is ;)  )

No comments: