Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunflowers

A Garden of Sunny Smiles



 
Ah, Sunflower, weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the sun;
Seeking after that sweet golden clime,
Where the traveller's journal done;
Where the youth pined away with desire,
And the pale virgin shrouded in snow,
Arise from their graves, and aspire
Where my Sunflower wishes to go!


by

William Blake

 

 














I am working with the enthusiasm of a man from Marseilles eating bouillabaisse, which shouldn't come as a surprise to you because I am busy painting huge sunflowers."
~ Vincent Van Gogh











 A Special Sunflower to greet me every day.
















"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do."
~ Helen Keller















"Every friend is to the other a sun, and a sunflower also. He attracts and follows."
~ Jean Paul Richter















"Light-enchanted sunflower, thou
Who gazest ever true and tender
On the sun's revolving splendour."
~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca,
 






2 comments:

My Captivating Life said...

Great photo's! :)

Catherine "Cat" Evans said...

Thank you! I have really enjoyed seeing all the sunflowers popping up in random places this year. More than I can recall in recent years. Glad you enjoyed.
Cat